Coronavirus Information for Parents
Dear Pearl River School Community,
There is much in the news regarding the a new virus, 2019 Novel (new) Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), that first emerged in Wuhan, China and has now been detected in a number of countries around the world, including the United States. According to the NYS Department of Health (NYS DOH), as of today, February 26th, there are no positive cases of the Coronavirus in NYS.
Below please find a link to joint information for parents from the NYS Department of Health and the NYS Education Department regarding the Coronavirus. At this time, the school district is monitoring information available to us from the NYS DOH, the Center for Disease Control and the NYS Department of Education for further guidance. While we wait for further guidance, we are reinforcing the same protocols used to help stop the spread of other viruses like influenza:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Please continue to practice safe health habits. I will continue to keep you posted of any new developments.