Franklin Avenue Principal's Page
Message from the Principal
October 19, 2021
Dear Franklin Avenue Families,
October is National Bullying Prevention Month. As part of National Bullying Prevention Month, Franklin Avenue will be participating in Unity Day. Tomorrow, Wednesday, October 20th, in recognition of Unity Day, students are encouraged to wear orange, to show we stand together against bullying, and stand for kindness, acceptance, and inclusion! Students have been learning about Unity Day throughout the month from our School Counselor, Mrs. O’Donohue and have been learning about what bullying is and how to deal with it from Social Worker, Mrs. Cervantes-Libassi and Psychologist, Mrs. McCabe.
The end of our first marking period is quickly approaching. On Thursday, November 18th and Friday, November 19th we will have an early dismissal for Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences. On both days, dismissal will be at 12:00 p.m. You will be receiving an email from your child’s classroom teacher to schedule your virtual parent teacher conference.
As the seasons change, we must be prepared for an early dismissal due to inclement weather or emergency. Please complete the Early Dismissal Action Plan by Friday, October 22nd. It is important that we have this information as soon as possible.
The Franklin Avenue PTA would like to collect contact information for families. This contact information is used for information sharing and class happenings. If you would like to share your contact information with the PTA, please complete the Franklin Avenue PTA Student List, by Friday, October 22nd. If you would like to volunteer to be a Class Liaison, please complete the PTA Liaison Volunteer Form, by Friday, October 22nd.
- Wednesday, October 20th - Wear Orange for Unity Day
- Friday, October 29th - Halloween Parade 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 1st- PTA Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, November 4th - Picture Retake Day
- Thursday, November 11th - School is closed for Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 18th - Half Day for students, dismissal at noon. Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, November 19th - Half Day for students, dismissal at noon. Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences
- Wednesday, November 24th - Early Dismissal Drill, dismissal will be at 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 25th - No School - Thanksgiving Recess
- Friday, November 26th - No School - Thanksgiving
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Kristin E. Talleyrand, Ed.D.
October 15, 2021
Franklin Avenue Elementary School
Friday, October 29, 2021
- All Students (if they want to) should wear their costumes to school. They will not have an opportunity to change in school.
- No dangerous, valuable, or fragile accessories should be included in the school costume.
- Weapons and masks are NOT allowed.
- Please be sure your child will be able to use the bathroom without assistance while in costume and that the costume does not impede vision or drag on the ground. Remember that children will be walking up and down bus steps and having recess.
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Classroom Parties
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Parade - Parents should wait outside the school on the grass around the perimeter of the front blacktop area. Children will parade outside around the perimeter of the blacktop.
- Please do not send in candy or snacks for your children’s classmates; any goody bags with candy will be returned.
- After the parade, all students will return to their classroom for dismissal at our regular time, which is 3:15 p.m. If you are changing your child’s dismissal plans, please be sure to send in a note that morning to your child’s teacher stating their change in dismissal. We will not be able to provide pick-up directly from the parade, as students must return to their classroom to pack up and it is so close to our regular dismissal time that individualized dismissals would create a safety and management issue. After the parade, please make your way to your child’s dismissal location.
September 10, 2021
Dear Franklin Avenue Families,
We have had a wonderful start to the 2021-2022 school year, our Franklin Avenue Stars are shining bright! Students have been busy getting to know their teachers and classmates. On our first day of school students were welcomed with fun and energizing music played over the PA System to set the mood for a positive school year.
I have had many opportunities to visit with students in each of our classrooms over the first five days of school. During these visits, I have seen our students learning, engaging with their classmates, and being creative. Our students have also been able to take their learning outside the classroom and enjoy the beautiful weather. Additionally, students are happy to have class in the music room and art room this year! Overall, it has been a very positive start to the school year.
Important reminders and forms to complete:
Please complete the Early Dismissal Action Plan. The Early Dismissal Action Plan will be used in the event of an early dismissal due to inclement weather or emergency. It is important that we have this information as soon as possible.
Please complete the Franklin Avenue PTA Student List, which will enable our PTA to include you in their information sharing and class happenings.
There is No School on Thursday, September 16th in observance of Yom Kippur
Back to School Night is scheduled for Tuesday, September 21st, virtually. The program will begin at 6:30 p.m. Detailed information about the night will be sent home soon.
School pictures are scheduled to be taken on Friday, September 17th. Retakes will be on Thursday, November 4th.
Family Picnic is on Friday, September 24th from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. The rain date is Friday, October 1st. Please look for information from our PTA.
Please follow us on Facebook or Instagram to view pictures from the first week of school. To follow us on Facebook, Use our Franklin Avenue Elementary School Facebook link (or search “Franklin Avenue Elementary School” on Facebook). To follow us on Instagram, please search “Franklin_ave_sch”. It has been a pleasure to welcome your children back to Franklin Avenue.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call.
Kristin Talleyrand, Ed.D.
August 25, 2021
Dear Franklin Avenue Families,
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! I hope everyone enjoyed a restful, relaxing, and healthy summer. We are looking forward to welcoming our students back to school on Wednesday, September 1st! This year we will continue to focus on communication and creating a positive and engaging learning environment for all our students!
To view your child’s class placement please log onto the Parent Portal. Once logged onto the Parent Portal, you will be prompted to update your contact information, including your phone number, email address, and emergency contacts. Additionally, you will be asked to review and acknowledge receipt of the:
- Summer Health Update Form
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy
- Chromebook Sign-off Form
- Internet-Based Instructional Resources
- Guidelines/Consent for Publishing on the Web and in Media
- Code of Conduct
After you have completed all of the updates in the Parent Portal, you will be able to view your child’s teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
We have also provided links below to building level forms, please review and complete these forms before the first day of school.
- Please complete the Early Dismissal Action Plan, this information will be used in the event of an early dismissal due to inclement weather or emergency.
- Please complete the PM Walker Form, if you know your child will be a walker either every day or one or two days a week for the whole year, please complete this form and you will not need to send an additional note with your child to school.
School begins on Wednesday, September 1st at 9:00 a.m. for all students. You are invited to join us for a Welcome Back Tea hosted by our PTA that morning after our students have entered the building. This event will be held on the blacktop area in the front of the school. Please click the following link to view all scheduled PTA events: PTA Calendar of Events.
To follow us on Facebook, Use our Franklin Avenue Elementary School Facebook link (or search “Franklin Avenue Elementary School” on Facebook). To follow us on Instagram, please search “Franklin_ave_sch”. It has been a pleasure to welcome your children back to Franklin Avenue.
We have several events scheduled in September:
- Friday, September 17th - Picture Day
- Tuesday, September 21st - VIRTUAL Back-to-School Night at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 24th - Franklin Avenue Family Picnic at 5:30 p.m. (Rain Date: Friday, October 1st)
Again, I would like to welcome you to the start of the school year!
Kristin E. Talleyrand